The healing

Teach me how to heal from this pain that runs through my soul and aching every joint of my bones, teach me how to heal and resurrect from the ashes of lost belief and faith as I am lost of such.

I write to you having learnt that I need to heal from this inability to continue, yet as I learn more about healing, I get more scarred from deep within, I get lost more as if the only space that is existing is this one moment and there is no more that I can look to or hope for. Please teach me how to heal.

English people in their writings, say healing is "the process of the restoration of health from an unbalanced, diseased or organism". And I wonder, how long should the process be? How do I heal when all that is in me is a dead soul that was left in a carcass and vultures keep circling in to take their own share of what is left of me? How do I heal when all of me has been sucked dry by the leeches of kidnap, rape and abuse? How do I heal when the person I see in the mirror is neither me nor what might be the image of me, rather a shadow of a ghost that is called in my name? What then is healthy for me that I may say when I am healed I shall be that? Please portray that health for me, act it if possible...

I am broken...
I am lost...
I want to heal, so please teach me how to heal...
Allow me to know how to heal.

May this not be the last letter and request I make in my name and I am Pontsho G Molahlegi

Photo by: Pontsho Molahlegi at Summerstrand, PE

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input. Keep commenting