For a few days

For a few days...
For a few days you mattered,
For a few days in a month I mattered,
Source: Google search Images
For a few days all was well...

For a few days, I prayed for you
I prayed and cared for you,
Showed interest that deep, that I never thought I had.
I cared sincerely and was hooked...

We would text, long hours...
We would converse over the phone, continuously,
but only for a few days...

For a few days, I felt refreshed,
I loved the attention, the one I always yearned for...
I made promises that I thought then that they would last forever,
I bind myself to sacrifices and promises..
I know you did that too, although you were wary as you went on.

Only for a few days with you,
few days that felt like months,
It was like a window was opened to let in a fresh breath of air,
a fresh air in the dusty and suffocating room I always have been.
It was like a long waited moment.. but it was for a few days.

Hey... I am glad it was only for a few days. Good bye.

Comments