Reply: Letters to my children

Hello daddy;

I presume you mean well all the time, the chocolates you buy us even when you don't know which one is our favourite. You mean so well, yet you know so little about us. I have questions though, do you know us? I mean, are you sure you know our names off by heart? Do you know that every night my little brother suffers from nightmares and migraines and I am the one who takes care of him while mommy is asleep? By the way, do you know that I have started dating, or you still think I am that young girl you kept on pumping with sweets every time you were home?

I am not rejecting your love dad, not even rejecting or questioning what you do for us, just that it is not enough. When last did you give me or any of my siblings a hug? Oh! When last did you really say to us that you love us besides when junior was at hospital? When last did we have a meal together as a family? We always eat alone, because mommy says we make noise and is harsh.

Dad, pretty please do not confuse the sadness and the anger in this letter as I am responding. You know, everyday at school and around the neighbourhood, my friends brag about how great their dads are, how their fathers always spend time with them and I don't even know what to say about mine. Even on happy days, daddy, you are never there, I mean emotionally. All I know is daddy "the engineer", daddy "the business man", but I never knew daddy "my father",  This past week, Junior was attacked by bullies at school and he couldn't tell mom because all the time mom says that he should fight back and he doesn't know how.

We love you dad, just we wish you were here as our father. I can't say we miss you for that there is no even a vague memory of us together as one and happy with you there. Please come back from wherever you are and come be our father. Not an engineer or businessman who is always busy. Pretty please

Comments