Hello Friend

"Show me your friends and I will tell you your future" - the English proverb says.

Well that could be said and I would say that used to be the truth between you and I. One could tell where one of us would end up when they asked one of us to show them what kind of a friend they had.

Hello friend; I did not write to you today trying to be dramatic or what, but I wrote to you because I have been thinking of you lately. Sitting alone in my early mornings and thinking of those funny hand-shakes we used to do every morning when we met, reminiscing about those annoying yet enjoyable encrypted whistles we used to whistle during school time, just to find out each others whereabouts... I am sitting here, looking all this other people that I have come across and have made them my friends, yet they still cannot and do not fill the void that I have of you. I sit here alone and think of the joy we used to share, where you would call out my name "Godfaaaather" when good news have graced your heart, when we would take meaning less walks down the road while strategising on how to solve issues we faced.

Hello friend, I am sorry to have burnt the bridge between us. To have stopped skyping you, to have stopped calling you, to have forgotten our friendship, to have stopped singing you a birthday song on your birthday, I really am sorry. I am sorry to have not forgotten your existence, to have not forgotten the joy we used to share, the struggles we both went into and supporting one another even when times were against us. Hello friend, just so you know, you will always be my friend even though I know that we are just friends by name now. I miss you though, miss our jokes, hugs, late afternoon walks and those deserved talks. Our video calls, your voice, face and smile.

Hello friend, goodbye friend

Comments