Missed call

Allow me to say hello from the other side, not trying to imitate Adele nor sing her song, but sincerely greet you as you walk from the other side of the street.

Hello, I mean Hi! Can you hear me? I hope you can, if not I hope you can read this. I call this text a missed call, not being certain if I was the missed call or you were the one who were a missed call. Like now, I look back, only to see joy we shared, even when we had squabbles, even when we weren't on speaking terms, a sense of joy always beamed in our faces when we saw each other.

A pillar of strength, a confidant and a right person to speak to at all times, whether the issue contained our relation or even relations that did not mean a dime to us, you were always there, but sadly, there is a missed call as we speak. My love, you gave your all, that I can ascertain for that there was never a time you did not show a sense of carelessness. You gave your heart, even temptations loomed and had fun in your expense. You gave your loyalty even though it was less appreciated, a pool of distance drew us further apart and only a voice could be heard when you shouted how much you loved me. I assume maybe I was a missed call too.... I might have not heard you calling, I might have not payed enough attention when you called.... Dear lover...

Comments