Dear Black Students

Dear black students.

I say black students in reference to all persons who are classified as black in South Africa, or even classified as others in the category of races. I greet you, greet you in the name of the strong and tantamount melanin that you posses, greetings.

Greetings to the black bodies that are in institutions of higher learning in hope to pursue a certain amount of knowledge as well as a career, I greet you as a fellow black person. Izwe lethu ( our land).

As I write to you all, I would like you to look around yourself and ask some if not all this following questions before you proceed in reading this piece. How free are you in what you do? Is the place (university) you are in embodying you? How safe are you? Do you belong? Is the studies that you are pursuing liberating you? Or rather reclassifying you in your community? Is this your dream? Are you being treated with fairness in all your daily studies life? Your fellow black persons, are they as free as you are? Your fellow black people, do they form part of you?

I question this so much, in hope that you get to understand that this system is corrupt.

Comments