Letters to my children: #2

Lovely kids, hello.😃
Daddy, greets you with a joyful heart as he has had a pleasant day today. You do know that when daddy writes to you, there usually is something he would like to tell you, in a writing still.

My beloved kids, in this world of mine that I am living in, success is measured in numbers, goals are marked up and marked down. They say it is for self-worth and chasing ambition, numbers as in lots of cash and big numbers on the scalar of academics. Well, I tell you this, in the very same ratings, a very unpleasant ego is developed, in a form of disrespect and labelling. I mean classification of some sort takes over, however I ask myself this question, how do you get to measure your self-worth? And how much ambition is enough for you to chase?

I was watching this other Indian movie "3 Idiots" a while ago, and I grasped the fundamental meaning of living life to the fullest. As I walk in these corridors and streets, I hear those who are around me and close to me, talking of having an aim, a certain aim to achieve so as to be someone or something, but what intrigues me most is that none of them truly know what I tell myself and how do I expect myself to be. Back to the movie, there is a guy who just wants to study to enrich his mind and not chase after all the positions of life, and there is the other who is deadly serious on chasing the rankings and he "knew" all the definitions and processes that were detailed in the books, forgetting that the very same books were written by other people, they were defined by other people and the oke who didn't really depend on the definitions but the real understanding behind it, was always the "top" achiever as per the scalars.

I didn't write to you to reiterate the movie, I wrote to you to teach you this, try by all means to not subscribe to the classifications and subjugation of the society. Learn to be outstanding in your own levels and referrals, you all don't want to be arrogant, egotistical to think you are either smarter than the person next to you or you are more valuable than them, for that you don't know what they possess that is of benefit to you. You are worthy without a price tag in your name, and your ambitions need no label to be noticed or even chased that much, your own heart desires suffices for how much you are ambitious.

My dear children, I do not know what you will choose for your own journeys, but know this, morals are key to the society. The very same society that will teach you so much and new customs, but you having morals and knowing where your ground level is, will be of benefit to you. Remember, you are part of the society but society can exist without and you too can exist without it, but cannot grow without it.

Your loving father, Number 1👍

Comments