Letters to my children: #1

To my lovely daughter.

Princess, please learn to be a free spirited person, with a good heart and being a good judge of character. Learn to differentiate yourself from those who are around you. I am pleading with you for this lessons for your own benefit and for the benefit of those who are around you. You will be able to accept people as who they are, without pregnant judgements and unnecessary tormenting to your level of understanding. 

Believe me, having such characters of goodness, you will become a queen of your own world and you won't need to be approved by someone else other than your parents and you. You will be able to abstain from degrading the other person next to you for their failures without acknowledging their triumphs, just like that composer who wrote a chorus and said "Be bright in the corner where you are". I know you are a very beautiful girl, but treat yourself like a lady. A lady with class, a lady of note, a Princess of the most Royal palace in the whole world.

Your loving King and father, Number 1👍.

To my dear son.

Sonny, I plead with you to respect those who come your way and those who leave you and do not forget those who walk past you. Be like an old soldier, who knew what "SALUTE!" meant, who knew what discipline meant, who knew what orders to take. However, I do not mean treat yourself like one, but know the lessons from all the scenarios I am teaching you.

You are the protector of your mother's house, and I have to tell you this, it would do if I get to learn life from you as you mature than you learning life from the dying me. Yes, wisdom shall be tantamount from me but it shall not reach the experiences you will be facing daily in your growth. When I say you are your the protector of your mother's house I mean it, and I also mean it when I say you are my descendent, those who shall come from you shall either grow my name or demolish it. 

Abstain from fighting for the throne in your father's house with your sisters, they have been given the duty to guard it, and yours is your mother's. That will save you from greed and unwanted ambitions, it will save you from sinning in the name of being a bearer of the inheritance. Yes, you are a prince in my house, but you are your mother's King, and your sister's guard. As your second in command in your mother's house, I urge you to read and never be lazy to question your life.

Your dear father, Number 1👍

Comments