The promise

Yeah sure, I had to.
I had to make impressions, had to say something that would hold base;
I had to make the promise to you.

You may say I lied, but truth is I did not;
Betrayed you, well I did not;
Played with your heart and hopes, I certainly did not.
I simply made the promise,
A promise that I also believed I will live up to.

Believe you me, when I made it,
I had no choice but to do it;
it is one of the laws of nature, 
not intended to lie but to create a pool of hope between individuals,
a pool of hope that I believe in too.
That is the promise I made.

The words may have sounded sweet and convincing;
may have been true then, but it is not always the case that they shall stay true.
It is the promise that made you feel this way,
the promise that was unintentionally made to lure us into some faith.
the promise that was made out of love and sincerity.

You want me to apologise?
Well, I am sorry....
No I am not sorry. I am not sorry that you believed me,
I am not sorry that you felt betrayed by my counteractions,
I am not sorry that I said something out of love;
I am not sorry that you had to endure the manner in which I don't see reason to apologise.

I am not sorry to have made the promise.

Comments