To my Shona princess

To you my Shona princess, I know you prefer being called by your name and not some puppet name, I know you don't like being titled like you are some property to someone but then I have titled you for my own entitlement. Dear my princess; you have come into my life and made some wonders, established yourself in an amazing way that I honestly never thought someone would do. You have come as a peace-maker while you had your own storms of life, managed to make me genuinely smile even when I couldn't smile. I am writing to you today to tell you that I am so grateful to have known you, to have crossed paths with you in this lifetime, yet it feels like I knew you from some life before this one.

Remember the late night walks we used to have? They were so refreshing and so liberating. Remember the jokes we used to share? Even when they were not funny but the humour in them never lost their taste; how about daring one another into doing silly things? Well, sometimes I had to fall victim in losing the bets, I miss those. I miss all that, even rushing to town to just buy one pack of cigarettes, that was fun. The after-test refreshers we had when stress level was unmanageable, I miss those.

Dear princess, I miss listening to you talk in your language that I did not understand but still convinced myself that I could understand you, I miss your hug that would wipe the daily's stress that was weighing me down for the day, your kiss, your lips that would leave me having an after-taste and some sort of confusion. Pardon me for being so emotional even when I promised to stop being emotional, I just can't control it anymore. Pardon me for publicly stating such, but this is the only way I can somehow show what difference you have made in this little life of mine. Forgive me for letting you go even when I knew that you didn't want to leave, forgive me for pushing you in leaving because I turned to be selfish about my feelings and disregarded yours. My princess, I call you a princess for that you are of a royal blood, you do know that, you do know that I only see royalness in you. Have I known before, what it means to be loved then I wouldn't have let you go, I would have risked losing what I had just to be with you. Now all that is left for me is "have I known". 

Dear Princess, I hope you are safe and sound wherever you are and you would read this letter to you.

Comments