It is the color not the person

It is the color that makes me wonder of my capabilities,
It is the color that asks whether I qualify to speak or not,
It is the color that makes me wonder if I can stand the other person or not.

I know deep down in my heart that I love them for theirselves, 
but the skin color, makes me wonder if the community accepts it.
Media and the constitution portrays a picture of unity,
but to tell the truth, I am lost in the reality of the image.

It is the color that makes them superior and great, 
It is the color but not the person who is in them.
It is the color that makes them believe they worth every power on earth,
not the person in them who believes in humanity.

It is the color that stole humanism in us,
and not the person who longs to be in harmony with his/her beloved siblings.
It is the color that brings debate of the past and destruction of the present, 
ans not the person inside who asks, 'why doesn't it come to an end?'
It is the color on my skin that makes the person to feel little or even superior.

Why, South Africa? Why have You decided to use color and not the person to define you?
Why South Africa? Why haven't You let go of the past as it haunts today's creations?
Why South Africa? Why do you depend on the skin than the person?

It is the color but not the person...

I wrote this piece out of the theories I learnt and from the treatments I received from the community at large, part of it may sound full of hatred and part of it may sound cliche as they say

Comments